2 GPUs: only 1 card being used?

hoverbacon

Specs:

Desktop

Driver Version: 18.4.1

2 x R9 390

AMD Ryzen 1600

8GB DDR4 RAM

MSI AM4 B350 motherboard (BIOS: MSI click bios 5)

Corsair Gold 850 Watt PSU

Display: AOC 2540x1440p IPS Panel

Acer 1920x1080p monitor

Hi, I just discovered, only one of my graphics cards is being used, both definitely work and both are detected and show in device manager, and I can swap between them by plugging my main monitor into either card. When I run a game, if I look in Task manager or GPU-Z one card shows it is maxed out at 100% usage and the other shows 0% usage, GPU-Z also tells me this and that crossfire is disabled but there is no option to enable it in radeon settings. R9 390s do not need a crossfire bridge and there is no slot for one. I'm certain my motherboard supports crossfire/dual gpus or whatever, but I can't get the other second one to be used. MSI Afterburner shows the second card as "Synchronized with Master."

I get the same fps after removing one of the cards, I also know the second one isn't working as I can hear the fans when it is working i.e.- when I reboot my PC or plug my monitor into it.

I have tried:

-Wiping and reinstalling drivers.

-Swapping the cards round.

-Looking in the BIOS but nothing shows up there about GPUs.

-Disabling ULPS in RegEdit

-Trying to enable crossfire but I have no option to enable it. (Spent ages looking online how)

-Getting really angry and hitting my desk really hard.

Thanks!