cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

brianzion
Adept I

Failure amd update after Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803

I installed the windows Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 and the amd software failed to load and not open so I had to uninstall the amd installation currently installed Adrenalin Edition 18.3.4 and I used the amd auto detect software to install a fresh install it re installed Adrenalin Edition 18.3.4 then it installed a update to Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.4.1all went ok apart from a windows stop code (blue screen) bug code 0x00000116 crash address ntoskrnl.exe+197650 caused by driver dxgkrnl.sys so after windows automatically rebooted every thing seems ok ..I rebooted a couple of more times and everything seems ok now. so rule of thumb I think is to uninstall the amd software before you update to the Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803. then reinstall the amd software through the amd auto detect software https://support.amd.com/en-us/download

0 Likes
2 Replies

Don't use the auto update software. Download the full installer. Disconnect from the internet and install the full driver you downloaded, use the custom / clean install, not the express. This should fix things up for you.

0 Likes

thanks for your reply @pokester all is running fine this afternoon for over 5 hrs been running games etc Im using a msi rx 470 4g ram card running three monitors so I will see how it fairs over the next few days.