cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mrdeano
Adept II

When is the official Ryzen2 release date??

I have had a quick look around but cannot find any concrete dates for the new Ryzen 2 CPU. Any ideas anyone plz :-)

0 Likes
7 Replies

There isn't one. 7nm Ryzen 2 will sample this year with volume production late this year for delivery in 2019. As 7nm is a brand new process, it's going to depend on how well it goes.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davealtavilla/2018/04/30/amds-next-gen-zen-2-processors-based-on-7nm-ma...

0 Likes
hotrith
Miniboss

What Ryzen 2? from the series 3, 5, 7?

or talking about the Ryzen 2000 series? (They already released)

Probably the next Ryzen to be released are the 3000 series.

Note: Dont believe in every b* that you hear and read on youtube and internet.

0 Likes

Its ok I just bought the 2700X, but i was a bit confused over what was 2nd gen

0 Likes

It is a bit confusing.  Ryzen (Summit Ridge, Zen) and Ryzen 2 (Pinnacle Ridge, Zen+) are both original Zen processors.  Not to be confused with Zen 2 which will be launching sometime in 2019.

0 Likes

Zen+ is not Ryzen 2 but is 2nd Gen Ryzen. Zen 2 as many actually call it Ryzen 2 is not officially named yet and I don't know if anyone knows if it will be a Named Ryzen 2 1xxx or if it will be just Ryzen 3xxx. It is as you said confusing. This is all something you of course already said.  I just wanted to add that the Zen +  while being a continuation of the first Ryzen processor is a 2nd generation of that and includes a die shrink and feature improvements as well, that does distinguish a bit from the original release. It seems to be redundant I now to keep repeating this but, obvious it isn't clear still for so many.

0 Likes

I highly doubt Zen 2 will be called Ryzen 2, as that would be far to similar to Zen+ and 2nd generation Ryzen (Ryzen 2).  Most likely, Zen 2 will be 3rd generation ryzen (or ryzen 3 if you will). 

0 Likes

No idea, but if they are doing like Intel has done the I absolutely think what you said is likely.

0 Likes