cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

roadroom
Journeyman III

overclocked R5 1600 lower core voltage under full load

when i run Cinnebench r 15 on my overclocked R5 1600 it lowers the core voltge with 46 milli volts. why is that? is it vdroop or is it LLC ?

0 Likes
2 Replies
seahawkshunt
Adept II

Yes, what you describe is vdroop. All motherboards have it to some degree . You can use LLC to counter vdroop. Buildzoid (my favorite extreme overclocker) has a excellent video explaining what vdroop is and how LLC works. Explained with paint: LLC settings and transient loads - YouTube    I use HWinfo64 to monitor vcore and droop under load.

In my opinion you want the highest LLC setting that does not result in vboost (vcore higher then set in bios) during idle conditions. You can also increase the VRM switching frequency to the motherboards max, this can help with vdroop without changing the LLC level at the cost of efficiency.

0 Likes

hey Seahawkshunt.

i know that i'am allready using the best LLC setting i can on my mobo. and nice to see a man of culture aswell, in term of a buildzoid fan.

i also follows him alot, and learning alot. from his vids

and thanks for the confirmation for my question. i asked beacuse i had the feeling that it was just vdroop i saw. just wasne't quit sure.

0 Likes