cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

wonderio619
Adept I

Enhanced Sync question

Should I set in-game Vsync to "off" when using "Enhanced Sync" option from Radeon settings ?

0 Likes
11 Replies
wonderio619
Adept I

After some tests, I believe it should be in-game vsync off when ES on, right ?

0 Likes

Comes down to game depending to. Some Nvidia game works titles you disable Vsync where some you dont. Some games I run Vsync with them but I am on an Old monitor on Display cable where it doesn't effect me as much. Tho use your Global settings in you Radeon panel & decide from there.

0 Likes
wonderio619
Adept I

I got to tell you guys, Enhanced sync feature helped me to eliminate stuttering in GTA IV ))
I don't expect such good result.

0 Likes

Be aware you can't disable v-sync through Radeon settings, because the "force to disable v-sync in game" does not work, the game will still use v-sync if enabled in it.

0 Likes

Vert sync in the control panel does not affect or have any control over any DirectX application/game. That is all determined by the game settings.

0 Likes
the_slayer
Adept III

Enhanced sync does not work if v-sync is activated since v-sync locks your games to 60 fps whatever the monitor hz are, and enhanced sync only works above your monitor hz. Well, for me freesync does not work at all so I am forced to use v-sync, so it depends.

0 Likes

Why are you talking about vert sync? This post is about AA. And enhanced AA will only work if AA is enabled in the game. It's about AA coverage, not fps. AA/enhanced sync works wether vert sync is applied or not.

0 Likes

What? He asked about v-sync and it's the topic purpose, when did he ask about AA?

0 Likes

Darn...had a brain f_ rt...I was refering to enhanced sync...sorry 'bout that.

In any event, no vert sync settings in Wattman have any effect in a DX game.

How to Configure AMD Radeon™ Settings to Get an Optimal Gaming Experience

Wait for Vertical Refresh

Vertical Refresh or VSync, synchronizes the application with the monitor frame rate with the objective of removing screen tearing.

Note! Wait for Vertical Refresh only works OpenGL 3D applications. When using other APIs such as DirectX® or Vulkan®, VSync is controlled via the 3D application graphics settings.

0 Likes

Thank you, they really should write it along with the setting itself.

0 Likes