Gigabyte, Asus, Sapphire, XFX
How are these brands in terms of reliability? rma is little bit different in shop here so im not sure I should include it in my decision making.
There are so many different opinions on forums for every brand out there that Im really lost in it.
Got sapphire for year, could not fix it in any way so i RMAd it. Im let down by sapphire not lasting at all, so even though its cheapest Im hesitant to buy it again.
I was running 3870 gigabyte for over 10 years, gaming a lot before that. I know I might be one of kind with experiences like that.
Maybe 8 gigs version since games want more and more but still I play in 1080p @60hz and will for some time.
Models i consider are these:
- GIGABYTE AORUS RX 580 8GB (Wanted the XTR version but its not availabable anywhere here)
- XFX GTR-S Radeon RX 580 8GB BLACK Limited Edition ( if it ever gets stocked again, doubtful)
- XFX GTS Radeon RX 580 8GB BLACK Edition €382
- (not sure about this one since IRead GTS Is budget tier)
- SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 580 OC 4GB (that insanely power hungry 8+6pin model!)
really like the use of copper heatpipes on GB and XFX models in comparison to Al on sapphire.
or there is also variant of Aorus 570 4GB for €310 but its without Far Cry coupon and with prices so close I Dont think the 570 is worth it.
There are also like 2 models of Sapphire with different prices. One has 7000Mhz for €325 and other 8000Mhz memory clock for €350, not sure if 1000Mhz is worth €25 difference.
Im not sure about Asus since those are most expensive and prices already bad in scarcity market of mining craze.
I know I could order from Spain or Germany but sending them cards for warranty is not for me so im sticking to local shops.
Or there is also option of waiting for RX 600 series but I have no idea when or for how much.