cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

GPU-Z does not recognize my AMD 2200G APU as an OpenCL Device - Why oh why?

GPU-Z does not recognize my AMD 200G APU as an OpenCL Device. Why oh why? See screenshot:

https://i.imgur.com/z32oJBH.png

0 Likes
3 Replies

Which game or software are you running which says an OpenCL device is not found aside from GPUz?

0 Likes

None of my games have complained about it but then again I have only tried playing 1 video game on my new APU and it's an older game which probably was created before OpenCL was even born.

I was trying to benchmark my TFLOPs using AIDA64 but everytime I try I get the same result. It tries detecting my OpenCL devices and then goes into an infinite "not responding" loop.

Now, you have me curious. Which games are available that are OpenCL-based games anyhow? From 5 minutes of "Googling" it looks like OpenCL is implemented at the game-engine level and not really at the individual game level. There's nothing to prevent a developer from doing both but anyhoo. If you could post a link to or just rattle off a few OpenCL games I could try loading one up if I have it.

**EDIT**: I give up. After a couple of quick Google searches I have been unable to find a definitive list of games that are OpenCL dependent. Anyone? Anyone?

0 Likes

thepatriotsvipers, have you read all of this?  Please tell us more about your system.  What is your MB and processor and what version of W10 are you running - Command prompt - winver.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

EDIT: Perhaps run a tester, such as LuxMark.

0 Likes