6 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2018 12:16 PM by bgrorud

VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR on clean Windows 10 install

dangthrimble

I have a Dell OptiPlex 7010 that was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro (64 bit). Around the turn of the year Windows Update stopped working and, despite my best efforts in following Microsoft and third party advice, I made little progress. In the end I tried resetting the Windows install but even that was unsuccessful. Finally I reinstalled Windows 10 from a USB stick but, after a short while of use, the PC blue screened with VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR. I have tried everything I can think of to get round this, including pausing Windows Update and using Dell Support Assistant to download the relevant drivers. Whether I install anything or not, ultimately the PC blue screens with the same error. The problem appears to be connected with the installation of the driver for my ATI FirePro 2450s. I have tried preventing the drivers from being installed but Windows is adamant it knows best. When I use the AMD tool for checking which card I have and what drivers I need it tells me the appropriate driver is already installed.

Windows reports it is AMD's driver version 8.970.100.9001 dated 13/01/2015 for the ATI FirePro 2450.

I have reported it via Microsoft's Community forum but not via the link above as I have to boot into Safe Mode (no network access over WiFi) or reinstall yet again and hope the PC doesn't BSOD before completing the information.

Can anyone advise what I can do to resolve this issue and actually achieve a working PC again?

Thanks

Message was edited by: Jonathan Hansford Answers provided to the question posted by kingfish below as I was informed I was not authorized to reply to this discussion!