cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lorence
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon RX 550 2GB work with SolidWorks

Hi, l have a Lenovo laptop ThinkPad E480 with the AMD Radeon RX 550 2GB, I want to run SolidWorks has anyone done this? I can not get any help out of SolidWorks themselves. annoying! I don't have money to spend on another new laptop as this one is only a month old. Specs are as listed.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

*   Intel Core i5-8250U Processor (6MB Cache, up to 3.40 GHz)

*   Windows 10 Pro 64 English

*   14.0" FHD IPS (1920x1080) AntiGlare

*   16GB(8+8) DDR4 2400MHz SODIMM

*   AMD Radeon RX 550 2GB

*   Keyboard - English

*   14W FHD IPS Antiglare, Aluminum, GS Black

*   Software TPM Enabled

*   720p HD Camera with MIC

*   256GB Solid State Drive PCIe OPAL2.0 M.2 2280 (16GT/s)

0 Likes
4 Replies

There are several threads from the past concerning Users and Solidworks with different computer system setups. Here are a few:

Dell 7520 laptop with radeon pro wx4130 card does not recognize my Solidworks software after system ...

https://community.amd.com/message/2831108#comment-2831108?q=solidworks

Solidworks 2017 not recognised and not supported by the GPU anymore

Solidworks with Pro Render

Performance of RADEON PRO WX7100 in Solidworks 2018

These threads may not indicate whether Solidworks will work correctly with your Laptop but it gives you some indications of the various problems other Users have been having using Solidworks.

There is no harm in installing Solidworks on your laptop and see if it works correctly. If it doesn't you can post your problem here at AMD Forum again or contact AMD Support via Email Support : Email Form  or to let AMD know there is a problem without a reply : AMD Issue Reporting Form

Nice reply, I actually replied soon after the OP. But my posts with links rarely ever get approval by mods until Matt come in which is late evening here. You always impress me with the amount of trouble you go through to help people. I could almost never take that kind of time at work to do what you do. AMD is fortunate to have the help of the handful of people here that literally donate their time to do AMD's job for them.

0 Likes

I enjoy researching stuff besides I am officially RETIRED since November 2017 and this keeps me occupied. Thanks for the compliment.

0 Likes