3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2018 3:57 AM by elstaci

Unattended installation driver script

thund

Doesn anyone know for some script which will download latest driver and install it unattended or silent??

• Re: Unattended installation driver script
          elstaci

This is the closest AMD program to download AMD latest GPU drivers. : AMD Driver Autodetect

thund

Yes I know this, but it doesn't work withouth user intervention and switches /quiet or /silent, doesn't work.

elstaci

In my opinion, If any software automatically downloads and install drivers without User knowledge it would be risky. I realize that Windows Update does this which is very annoying (I have the driver update disabled on my computer for Windows Update). For Driver installation, Users should always be aware of what will be installed before it actually is installed on the computer.

Maybe you can write a script that activates AMD Driver AUTODETECT and by script, clicks on the "install" button automatically to download and install the driver. Than you can use TASK SCHEDULER to make a task to run the script once a day or more.

Why don't you ask someone in Computer programming (Possibly a student at a nearby University or college majoring in Computer Programming) to write that type of script for you.

But to answer you original post, NO, I don't know of any script to do what you are asking. It is possible someone from this Forum may know of a script like that.

Good Luck.