AnsweredAssumed Answered

Sapphire 2GB RX460 Crashing

Question asked by claw106 on Apr 21, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 25, 2018 by elstaci

Greetings, to all.

First off, here are my specs:

PSU: Thermaltake LITEPOWER 450W

RAM: 5GB DDR2

Graphics Card: 2GB Sapphire RX460 (WITH A FACTORY OC)

Motherboard: Dell 0FM586

CPU: Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield @ 2.40 GHz

Am I missing anything?

Ever since I got this card, I have had constant issues. I've come to the end of it now and I'm quite displeased. Every time I play a game, doesn't matter what, the GPU will crash with a pop up message down the bottom saying Default Wattman Settings were applied. Event log says "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

Originally I installed the drivers from the AMD website. Those didn't fix my issue. I then proceeded to the Sapphire website to download the drivers, same result. I then used the driver disk, same result. This is where we are today, I believe. I am unsure on how to get full driver details for you.

The box the card came in does say that it came Factory OC. I downloaded Wattman and it came with an .ini configuration for what I thought was the default RX460 settings. All this does visibly is speed up the fans.

The only things I have installed are GPUTweak, which came with the GPU. The only thing I have changed in there is the fan speeds for a custom setting, when the GPU is quite hot. Sometimes switching between modes (Overclock, Gaming, Silent, Cooling (cooling being the custom one) it causes a full scale computer crash, but that seems to not have happened for some time.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope I have provided enough information for your assistance. Please help me.

Edit: CPU added

Outcomes