For laptops with AMD processors/APU's:
You do not update the discrete graphics card...you update the APU. This updated driver serves both the integrated and discrete graphics. It is the only driver you install. It is important to know the integrated graphics on some APU's...
Did you install the correct driver? Never install the 'minimal setup'.
That would be:
1. Download and save the correct AMD driver. Do not use "automatically detect and install". Download Drivers
2. Download and save DDU https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
3. Disable All anti-virus/anti-malware/anti-anything
4. Delete the contents of the C:/AMD folder of all previous drivers
5. Win10 users..take the necessary steps to prevent/delay Microsoft automatically changing/installing graphics drivers using one of these methods > Windows 10 Forums