Chipset Revision    00

Southbridge Vendor    AMD

Southbridge Model    Carrizo FCH

Southbridge Revision    51

BIOS

Brand    American Megatrends Inc.

Version    0504

Date    2/24/2017

I want to know if I can use the new AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Processor with Wraith Prism LED Cooler - YD270XBGAFBOX on this motherboard?

I currently have the following CPU.  Would I have any advantage to use the new above processor.

CPU

AMD K17

Specification    AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor

Cores    16

Threads    16

Name    AMD K17

Code Name    Summit Ridge

Technology    14nm

Please excuse me if I am asking this question on the wrong forum.

• Re: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Processor
          black_zion

You can with a BIOS update, but I wouldn't, as the performance isn't that different from first generation Ryzen, not enough to justify $250+. Hold off for Zen 2 either late this year or early next year.

• Re: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Processor
            billy72

Yes, Ryzen 7 2700X is compatible with the Asus X370-Pro board, but it is mandatory to update Bios from 0504 to the latest one published on the official website of this product:

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-X370-PRO/HelpDesk_Download/

I do not recommend the BIOS 3203 unless you install the APU's Ryzen 5 2400G & Ryzen 3 2200G.

According to the latest benchmarks you could increase the performance of your system by ≥ 20% .... but perhaps you should keep in mind:

AMD has confirmed that it will not offer free of Spectre v1 & v2 exploits CPUs until 2019, we are still waiting for microcode updates for the current CPUs that may cause an impact on the performance of the systems as benchmarks have already shown to the systems with software mitigations applied....