cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

compupix
Journeyman III

Disable Update Notifications

With every restart, I get a notification to update my AMD drivers. I don't see the 'disable update tile' mentioned in the knowledgebase.

Capture.PNG

I have disabled the updater at

Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Task Scheduler > Task Scheduler Library > AMD Updater (right-click and Disable)

My Software Versions:

Capture 2.PNG

I do NOT want to update the AMD drivers.

Windows Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
9 Replies

Untick the box "keep system up to date" on install, but you shouldn't have newer ones, as AMD moved the HD 5000 series to legacy support some time ago.

0 Likes

Yeah, but they still get nagged.

Legacy branch being nagged about GCN driver updates

0 Likes

I am pretty sure that I unticked the box "keep system up to date" when I installed it. If I get fed up enough, I'll uninstall and make sure that I untick it on reinstall.

0 Likes

Read the above...you don't have to reinstall.

0 Likes

Thanks for the emphasis, Kingfish, but I don't know which answer applies to my case. I would love to trust your answer. It is the easiest. Obviously, making sure 'keep system up to date' is not check at install is a safe thing to make sure is done.

0 Likes

It will still do it. There is a bug in the driver that was corrected in a later version...which you unfortunately can't use. Use Autoruns...what have you got to lose? All your doing is taking a checkmark out of a box. You can always put it back in. Note that you must run the program as Administrator.

0 Likes

Thanks for your help Kingfish. As your predicted, the update software nags continue. I can rest easy now and just ignore them.

0 Likes

0 Likes

If I am reading your Autoruns suggestion correctly, my AMD Updater is already un-checked:

Capture.PNG

Thanks for the extra effort!

0 Likes