paul17041993

Various CL faults with vega on windows...

Discussion created by paul17041993 on Apr 14, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 19, 2018 by dipak

I have a 290X and vega64 in the same system, the v64 is the primary card, however in the context of openCL it's device '1', with the 290X being '0'. This is all running windows 10 pro 64 with the latest 18.3.4 drivers.

With the APP SDK 3.0 examples, many will fail to compile or operate on the vega64, but will operate perfectly fine on the 290X (which is the default device, despite being the second card).
A couple I've found so far;
- GlobalMemoryBandwidth returns " clEnqueueSVMMap (inputSVMBuffer) failed! Error code : CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES "
- FFT returns 31 compile errors, top one being " unknown type name 'class' ", rather obvious that CL 2+ isn't working there...

I haven't tested absolutely all of them, but most of them seem to work just fine, are these issues already known with vega? I haven't been able to find anything about it...

edit; ok so after removing the 290X, GlobalMemoryBandwidth now works correctly, so that could be either a bug with it itself and multiple cards, or a particular driver bug with multiple cards. FFT still returns the same compile errors however...

Outcomes