cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

pullaka
Adept I

Problem switching to "high-performance" in Adrenalin 18.2.1

When I select "high-performance" playing any game in AMD Radeon Settings (Adrenalin 18.2.1), in less than 5 minutes the application itself changes it again to "power saving". Also, I've noticed in the task manager that the dedicated GPU (AMD Radeon 530- 2GB GRDD5) is not working at all.

I've followed all the recomendations regarding the clean install of Adrenalin software, the Bios and other drivers are updated, etc.

Thanks in advance for your answers and suggestions!

My system:

Laptop System: HP 15-bw012ns

AMD Graphics Card: Dedicated AMD Radeon 530 (2GB GRDD5)* + Integrated card RADEON R7 Graphics

Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Driver version installed: Radeon Software Adredalin V18.2.1

CPU: A12-9720P APU (Bristol-Ridge)

Motherboard + Bios Revision: 8333 28.32 + F.22

RAM: 12GB Ram (DDR4)

*Rebranded as R7 M340 after the last update to Adrenalin 18.2.1

0 Likes
1 Reply

I have a similar probelm, except mine isn't a Radeon 530, its an R7 M340 already, i installed the driver with DDU and all but it still doesn't wanna show in the right click menu + won't use the discrete/external gpu cuz even tho i set the app to run (High performance R7 M340) it runs fake high performance because it's still using the integrated gpu (R5).

Probable solutions:

To be on the safer side, I request you to please create a backup point before performing any troubleshooting steps.

·         Step 1 – Please use DDU Utility (Display Driver Uninstaller) by launching it in Safe mode and uninstall the previous driver. It will help you completely uninstall AMD graphics card drivers and packages from your system, without leaving leftovers behind.

·         Step 2 – then restart your computer again and enter into the normal windows mode.

·         Step 3 - install all the critical and recommended updates from Windows. (make sure windows is not installing the display driver)

·         Step 4 – Again restart the computer and then install 19.9.2 drivers by clicking this below link. Please disconnect the network connection and disable antivirus before running the installer file.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-9-2

0 Likes