cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

richardbateman
Journeyman III

Need to replace 1 of 2 Radeon HD 5700 (5770?) in computer, what is compatible?

I have 2 Radeon HD 5700 (5770?) cards in my system, each with 2 DVI ports to drive 4 monitors.  One of the cards is going bad.  If I replace just 1, what more modern card would work in the system with the old card.  If non, what would you recommend to replace these 2 cards?

0 Likes
2 Replies

Those are legacy cards so no new cards will work with them. As a replacement, you're really over a barrel since GPU prices are still in the unreasonable space. I'd suggest the Refurbished: GIGABYTE Radeon R7 360 DirectX 12 GV-R736OC-2GD (rev. 3.0) 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Expres... for $130, as it can do 4 displays, using active HDMI and DisplayPort to DVI adapters. The next lowest price option is the GIGABYTE AORUS Radeon RX 570 DirectX 12 GV-RX570AORUS-4GD 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 ATX ... for a whopping $320 which just isn't in any realm of reason, especially for someone like you who isn't a gamer.

0 Likes

Your graphic cards are from a really old family which are not compatible with recent families of AMD graphics cards (different graphics architecture).

Given the budget you can get a new single low to mid-end AMD card which surpasses your current multi-GPU configuration in graphics performance and resolution output, but we need to know your displays' model numbers so we can find the cards which would work for you, and your budget.

0 Likes