AnsweredAssumed Answered

FreeSync Optimization

Question asked by nepalii on Apr 6, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 10, 2018 by nepalii

Hello, first post here and hoping to get some constructive help. I have a Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury and I'm running it stock (1050mhz/500mhz), undervolted to 1120mV. I also have a Acer XG270HU FreeSync monitor and I was hoping anyone could help me find the smoothest possible settings.

I have been using FreeSync with FRTC enabled at 144FPS but I have read on reddit from Robert from AMD that using FRTC with FreeSync is not a good idea. Here is the link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4ypw5k/freesync_is_so_fcking_awesome/d6zl13v/?st=jfnhmqzg&sh=8eaf7139

I want to enable a FPS cap so my GPU isn't stressed too much but I am trying to find the solution that will minimize latency as much as possible. Robert recommends using FreeSync + Vsync but wouldn't Vsync add input lag/latency when it kicks in? I tried using Enhanced Sync + FreeSync but my FPS was uncapped. It seems Enhanced Sync does nothing with FreeSync. The last option I can think of is to enable in-game FPS limiter. Would this be the lowest input latency option to cap my FPS?

If anyone could help me out, I would really appreciate it. Thank you...

Outcomes