7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2018 4:43 AM by corva

Audio on board does not work when using Ryzen 5 1600, while it works using Ryzen 5 2400G, WHY?

corva

Good afternoon,

Since last October I sent back for a replacement some ITX motherboards based on B350 chipset because I found their audio on board not working in both Windows 10 and last Ubuntu version.

Last time I wrote ASRock support we could not find any solution so I asked my last vendor to replace my third ITX motherboard.

Few weeks ago my vendor replied me my motherboard was found working well and so a replacement was refused. They could not help me more because I had bought all my other computer components from other sellers and I had bought each component online. So I bought a new power supply 600 W Platinum, but it did not solve my motherboard issue, and at the end I decided I had to buy the new fresh Ryzen 5 2400G.

I replaced the old CPU for the new one and finally the Realtek audio on board started working with or without my previous graphic card GT 1030.

Now I am using Ryzen 5 1600 on Windows 10 64 and cannot find any Realtek audio again.

Has someone a solution or do I have to ask for a replacement?

PS

I have a couple of videos I made to be clear.