Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

bdelvec
Journeyman III

2400G Overwatch and HotS Crashing

Hello Everyone,

As the title indicates I am running the new 2400G and I can't play any blizzard game without it crashing either black screen (with rainbow lines), BSOD Video_TDR_Failure, or Rendering device lost. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the display driver several times now. I uninstalled everything, tried reinstalling everything in the following order 1. windows, 2. updated the chipset, 3. updated the display driver 4. reinstalled overwatch and I get to about 10 - 15 mins in and it crashes again. Specs are below:

2400G - Running at stock on both CPU and GPU; no overclock - Cooled by wraith stealth

ASUS Prime B350 Plus

16GB DDR4 Patriot Viper 3000Mhz (4x4)

Adata Ultimate SU800 M.2 256GB

Toshiba 1TB 7200 RPM HDD

PCI Wireless card Intel AC8260

Display driver: 17.40.3701 (23.20.827.0)

0 Likes
2 Replies
brunotaurus
Journeyman III

Hello,

i've had those crashes too. Mostly black or green screens. At times i was able to minimize the game and get graphics running again (playing Path of exile).

Even the Browser sometimes managed to crash my System. I guess you're not alone with the issue.

A new thing i've tried today was to install a newer Bios (UEFI) Update and graphic drivers released by Asus wiht a raven APU hotfix patch. But those drivers aren't the newest version to start with (23.20.817.0).

PRIME B350-PLUS Driver & Tools | Mainboards | ASUS Deutschland

"AMD Graphics Driver

AMD Graphics Driver V23.20.817.0(AMD package 17.40.3301) for Windows Win10 64bit. (Only support Raven APU,please run “AsusSetup.exe” to install hotfix and Raven Graphics Driver.)"

0 Likes
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

You can install the new driver available here : Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Q2 2018 Release Notes

Note :  It is essential that you reboot the system after you install these drivers.

Please submit your feedback on any issues with this driver here.

0 Likes