cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ichef95
Journeyman III

the auto-detection software is stuck on "waiting hardware detection" when i try to update my rx580 drivers on windows 10

i recently switched from a r9 390 to a rx580. i uninstalled the previous driver, and had to install windows driver to detect the new graphic. Now, when i try to update the drivers with the amd auto-detection tool or with the specific driver installer, both software stuck on the hardware detection window and i am unable to complete the drivers update

0 Likes
2 Replies

Before you shutdown to remove the old card and install the new card. Did you remove/uninstall the hardware from device manager?

I would also go ahead and run DDU at this point from safe mode. It should get rid of all the old leftovers from the old card and allow you to install the new drivers successfully.

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.8.4

Then run a clean install from the custom setting when installing the latest driver.

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

Dont use the Auto detection it can be flawed & bugged with 10. You better off to download straight off AMD site the most upto date driver for your card & install it as a clean install manually. Pay to download DDU first run it threw & wipe any existing display driver, run a registry cleaner which does help 9\10 problems can be solved with a registry clean. Manually install drivers as a fresh install with Antivirus disabled as some anti virus's can over ride & stop the AMD drivers installing properly.

0 Likes