cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

sabrineourir
Journeyman III

Dell Inspiron 15R 5521 laptop

I've got a Dell Inspiron 15R 5521 laptop and it has 2 graphics card, Intel HD4000 and AMD Radeon 8730M.  It's been already 3 years I'm using this laptop and every time I format windows I'm getting messed up with AMD video card drivers. it shows only intel card... i work with lumion and it shows that my card is very week since it only recognises the intel card.. help me plz

0 Likes
2 Replies

Here is the latest AMD Laptop Driver for your 8730M dGPU: Mobile

How to Update the Laptop graphics: Laptop graphics update...How to

How to Configure your AMD/Intel Switchable Graphics to work : Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System

Try this basic method of uninstalling and reinstalling AMD Drivers.

First download the correct Full AMD driver set from AMD Support for your Laptop: Mobile

Make sure your Windows Operating System (10/8.1/8.0/7) is fully updated via Windows Update (including Optionals).

Disconnect the Internet from your computer to prevent it from installing a different GPU Driver than the one you are installing.

Use Windows Control Panel -Uninstall Feature to uninstall all AMD Drivers and software. Then use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in safe mode to completely eliminate all traces of the old AMD drivers and software related to the GPU.

Delete C:\AMD Folder. This prevents New and Old AMD driver files from installing and corrupting the installation process.

After rebooting from DDU, Reinstall the new AMD Full set of drivers. If it installed correctly, again delete C:\AMD folder to save Hard Disk space and reconnect to the Internet.

0 Likes

Thank you so much for your reply.. i'll try this method and tell you if it did work with me or no

0 Likes