I just singed up here, because I got tired of some issue with my R9 Fury card:
The card keeps overheating in stock settings, resulting in black screen and driver recovery - even when playing the most mediocre games like Minecraft or Starmade. I used to workaround this issue by adjusting the fanspeeds in Wattman. After adjusting the fanspeeds, the card is stable - no more crashes due to overheating. But Wattman keeps reverting them to stock setting as soon as something unexpected is crashing the drivers - so I'll have to readjust Wattman every time - and most of these times, I forget to readjust. This is very annoying! Besides being annoying this isn't very healthy for the card on component level - because hot components will age faster, than slightly cooler components. IMHO the smelly stench of planned obsolescence is in the air.
Is there a way to permanently increase the fanspeeds?
- the card is clean, no dust is blocking the cooler.
- the tower is well ventilated, there is no heat build up inside. (4 Fans - 2 front, 2 backside)
Describe your system:
- AMD Radeon R9 Fury
- Desktop system
- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299)
- Radeon Software Crimson Edition 18.3.4
- Display Devices:
- 2x Eizo EV2436W 1920x1200 @60Hz via DP
- Motherboard + Bios Revision
- Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Rev. 2.1 / BIOS F7a
- AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T
- Power Supply Unit Make, Model & Wattage
- Enermax Platimax 750W (EPM750AWT)