Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

acl14
Journeyman III

XF250Q black screen for 2-3 seconds via DP with Freesync on

Hi,

I received my new monitor Acer XF250Q two weeks ago but run into one problem. When using Freesync with the display connected via DisplayPort (which came with monitor) the screen momentarily turns black for about 3 seconds then goes back to normal while playing Overwatch in 240hz. This happens intermittently.

I was not able to replicate this issue in WoW, but it may just be a happy coincidence as I only spent around 20 minutes playing it.

I was not able to replicate this issue after turning Freesync off through AMD Settings and keeping 240hz.

I have successfully replicated this issue with drivers 18.3.1, 18.3.2,18.3.3 and 18.3.4.

Currently I'm on the second XF250Q monitor (returned the first one as it had a dead pixel) and both had this exact same issue. So I'm really doubting it's an issue with an specific defective monitor and/or cable I received. Previously I had an ASUS VG248QE 144hz monitor connected via DVI, no Freesync. I never had any issue like this whatsoever.

I have tried a clean install of drivers and even did a reset of my Windows 10 installation, but issue is still there.

Specs:

Windows 10

CPU Intel i5 6500

GPU MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8G

Monitor Acer XF250Q 

PSU EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2

MoBo Asus B150I PRO GAMING/WIFI/AURA

Could this be a problem with drivers?

Thanks.

0 Likes
2 Replies
q_forkie
Journeyman III

Same here bro, Have you found a solution? please help! I am trying to stream on twitch and this is effecting me big time.

0 Likes

It looks like I was able to find a workaround to my problem which was posted by user TaDaa in the Acer online community forums (https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/559407/#Comment_559407). I did the same thing this user suggested which was using CRU (Custom Resolution Utility) to set my monitor’s range limits to 49-239Hz from 48-240Hz.

0 Likes