AnsweredAssumed Answered

AMD's Commitment to gaming end users is  Disingenuous

Question asked by os2wiz on Mar 26, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 27, 2018 by plumboby

I am finally at the end of my patience with the Lack of availability of discrete AMD Vega cards at something approaching MSRP.  While HBM2 prices are higher they will be coming down a bit in the next 2 or 43 months. But that is not the primary cause of the inflated prices. The mining speculative craze is something AMD has said little about and what they will do to guarantee reasonable availability and pricing to its gaming and other end user customers. The silence is deafening. AMD is reaping great financial benefit from this speculative craze and has shown zero interest in helping us. They could, like Nvidia, have direct sales of some generic Vega 56 and 64 cards to end users like us at MSRP. AIB's are screwing end users and selling the bulk of their cards to miners, especially corporate miners. It is time for AMD to come clean and make a bold move to retain end user loyalty. Otherwise my Vega 56 with custom cooling will be the last graphics card I buy with the AMD label. I will not put up with fanatic fanboy criticism either, so watch your steps.

Outcomes