AnsweredAssumed Answered

Steam black screen

Question asked by manchego on Mar 26, 2018

Hello everybody.

I'm facing some issues with my steam client after updating my OS, BIOS and graphic card driver.

I updated a day ago my BIOS and Windows 10, after doing that my AMD driver (crimson 16.11.5) stop working properly so i started my journey to find a solution to my problem. I had to enable UEFI compatibility in the BIOS which let me install my driver (adrenalin 18.2.1) and it worked fine with games and other applications, but my steam client shows a black screen and i don't know what to do with it (pics related 1 and 2). I changed some properties in the compatibility tab for steam.exe trying to solve this problem (pic 3), now i can see some things in the steam client (pic 4) but after a while the screen turns black again. Steam window only turned black after i installed the AMD driver, i tried with previous updates but the problem remains the same and when i switched between versions (after multiple reboots) (using amdcleanuputility to unistall each one), the steam client only worked fine when the driver was unistalled. I can use steam apps with their shortcut icons but i can't access to the store and make modifications on my acount using the steam client.

If somebody knows how to fix my problem would be great. Also, i would like to know if i'm the only one with this problem.

Thanks in advance

Outcomes