AnsweredAssumed Answered

Crashes with HBCC Enabled

Question asked by renner on Mar 23, 2018
Latest reply on May 26, 2018 by renner

Hello again,

lets make it quick. For a while I'm suspecting that the crashes I'm getting across multiple driver releases are HBCC related, but more and more I'm sure of it. FF XV with it enabled is crashing for sure.

But lets talk about Titanfall 2. I just now realized its having this dynamic resolution enabled, which is lowering your resolution on the fly to keep the game running at the target fps. Turn it off and it eats your whole available VRAM with ease, and you may get some hiccups. With HBCC off I'm able to finish an hour long game of the Frontier Defense. Turn it on, everything goes nice and smooth because you don't have the memory limitation, but I can hardly pass the wave 2 before the screen freezes, and I have to force shut down my PC. I was actually recording when that happened, I'm uploading the vid now but it will take a couple of hours.

Specs: Asus ROG Strix Vega 64 (not OC, all factory settings), 1800X stock, 2x16GB of RAM at 2666MHz, Windows 10 Pro with the latest updates, Adrenalin 18.3.2. Did anyone experience something similar?

Outcomes