AnsweredAssumed Answered

R9 270X Vista 64bit

Question asked by boilermaker8162 on Mar 22, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 23, 2018 by pokester

Dell precision T7400 2X3.33GHz quad core Xeon cpu's, 5X146GB sas 15k drives in raid, 16GB ram, Running dual boot system Windows 10 and Vista 64bit. XFX R9 270X runs great on win10, on win vista not so good. I have tried downloading the latest Win Vista driver package from this site, AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite, AMD Catalyst™ 13.12, also tried the original driver CD, both with same result.  Upon installing software suit the drivers do not install automatically, and ccc does not seem to install at all. I have been able to get the R9 270 series driver to install manually but sometimes not without a fight. Vista Business is a brand new and updated install with sp2 and latest direct X as well as .net several versions. Not only have I tried the original driver CD, and Vista software suit, I have also tried the latest Win XP 64bit driver package with same result, had to install the R9 200 series driver manually. Installing this video card on Vista is like nailing Jello to a tree!!!! All seems odd to me because the card was manufactured towards the middle/end of Vista's hay day while the operating system was still very much in use. Also the monitor is a Toshiba 65" 3d TV. The Toshiba is listed in the properties of the Windows 10 install and installed right away when installing the video card, but Vista has not recognized the TV no matter what driver i install nor does Vista ever Install ccc.

Outcomes