cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

liltulp_
Journeyman III

I have a Gygabyte AB350-Gaming MoBo and a 2200g APU. Do i have to update the BIOS (by flash) before installing Windows 10?

I have a Gygabyte  AB350-Gaming MoBo and a 2200g APU. Do i have to update the BIOS (by flash) before installing Windows 10? I don't want to break anything and this is my first PC i do myself. I have read on the internet that there could be many issues because motherboards are too old and not upgraded to support Ryzens processors and i?d like to know if i can update the BIOS before installing anything and have no problems in future Thanks.

0 Likes
2 Replies
neon
Miniboss

If the motherboard was purchased recently, then there's a good chance it supports the Ryzen 5 2200G APU. According to Gigabyte's support site, the Raven Ridge APUs have been supported since BIOS version F10 (1 Dec 2017). The current version is F22 (16 Mar 2018).

If the currently installed BIOS is older than version F10, then it does not support the APU. It does support the Ryzen 1000 series CPUs (Ryzen 7 1800X, Ryzen 3 1200, etc.), and you could use one of those to boot up and flash to the latest BIOS.

Gigabyte provides 2 main ways to update the BIOS (UEFI). The first is called "Q-Flash" where you put the files on a USB drive, boot into the BIOS setup, and use the Q-Flash utility that is built into the BIOS setup. The second method "@BIOS" is a Windows application, so it requires Windows to be installed already. It can connect to Gigabyte's servers, download the latest BIOS, and execute the flash.

Thanks man. I've bought my MoBo and APU today on Amazon (Italy) and I'll check if there are some problems because some people say that this MoBo is still not updated because Amazon Italy doesn't update MoBo... maybe I'm lucky and I'll get n updated one. Thanks.

0 Likes