I'm trying to get the amdgpu pro driver working on any linux platform, So far I'm not successful with any atempt.
- Ubuntu 16.04
- Ubuntu 16.10
- Ubuntu 17.10
- Linux Mint Sylvia
- Manjaro - didn`t boot, even with nomodeset
- Antergos - didn`t boot, even with nomodeset
All those attempts was made in a fresh installation
The steps I did was as it follows:
- Download the 17.50 version of the driver from here: https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-for-Linux-Release-Notes.aspx
- Updated the system to the lasted stable version, whitout adding any new repository
- Extract it in a folder
- Executed the ./amdgpu-pro-install -y command
- Black screen =/
- I read at some foruns to add amdgrpu.si_support = 1 radeon.si_support = 0 amdgpu.cik_support = 1 radeon.cik_support = 0, so I did
- Erase the 10-radeon.conf from /usr/share/x11/10-radeon.conf
- Erase the old 10-amdgpu.conf from /use/share/x11/10-amdgpu.conf
- Still black screen
I tried changing kernels at ubuntu 16.04, since it`s the supported OS, updated to 4.15, from 4.13, but still couldn`t make it work.
I'm using a RX480 which is a card tecnically supported for the driver
I doubt it`s the card that`s at fault because I`m using it at a windows installation and is working just fine.
Anyone can find any miss step that I did? Or if the driver is just not working properly?