AnsweredAssumed Answered

AMD Windows update driver and driver from website issue

Question asked by martinn112 on Mar 18, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 18, 2018 by kingfish

So as the title says, i am having some trouble with my sister's laptop. She recently closed it during a Windows update by ancident. And it would simply not boot. So i took a backup of all her things on the pc and did a fresh complety new installation of Windows 10 Home i just downloaded. When i get into Windows it runs fine, since i didnt connect it to the network yet and it was missing drivers, but if i put it into our network and it will start looking for updates, it would basicly be bricked. It would freeze complety. And if i shut it off and try to start it again it would freeze during boot at a black screen with spinning dots where the dots would stop moving. I also tried waiting it out redownloading Windows 10 and reinstalling multiple times. I then looked in windows update while it was looking for updates and saw it would freeze during the install of the AMD Display Driver. I then tried going to AMD's site and find the correct driver and install it before i connect it to the internet. But when it reached the Display driver again, it would lock up complety and sometimes it will show a BSOD stuck at 0%. So i think there is a issue with the driver or the GPU in the laptop.

Any ideas ?

Here's the specs:

CPU: Intel I5-4200U 1.6 GHz

GPU: AMD Radeon R7 M265 2GB

RAM: 8 GB DDR3

STORAGE: 1 TB

I think it was from around 2014.

Outcomes