28 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2018 4:14 PM by kingfish

AMD Windows update driver and driver from website issue

martinn112

So as the title says, i am having some trouble with my sister's laptop. She recently closed it during a Windows update by ancident. And it would simply not boot. So i took a backup of all her things on the pc and did a fresh complety new installation of Windows 10 Home i just downloaded. When i get into Windows it runs fine, since i didnt connect it to the network yet and it was missing drivers, but if i put it into our network and it will start looking for updates, it would basicly be bricked. It would freeze complety. And if i shut it off and try to start it again it would freeze during boot at a black screen with spinning dots where the dots would stop moving. I also tried waiting it out redownloading Windows 10 and reinstalling multiple times. I then looked in windows update while it was looking for updates and saw it would freeze during the install of the AMD Display Driver. I then tried going to AMD's site and find the correct driver and install it before i connect it to the internet. But when it reached the Display driver again, it would lock up complety and sometimes it will show a BSOD stuck at 0%. So i think there is a issue with the driver or the GPU in the laptop.

Any ideas ?

Here's the specs:

CPU: Intel I5-4200U 1.6 GHz

GPU: AMD Radeon R7 M265 2GB

RAM: 8 GB DDR3

STORAGE: 1 TB

I think it was from around 2014.