cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ranrodrig
Journeyman III

Are there drivers for an HP-14af116/AMD A8-7410 APU with AD Radeon R5 Graphics (4 CPUs), ~2.2GHz laptop for Windows 7?

I installed Windows 7 in a MS Virtual Machine but USB 3.0 drivers are not installed so I donwloaded the "radeon-crimson-16.7.3-sb-sata-ahci-win10-win8.1-win7-64bit.exe & radeon-crimson-16.7.3-raidxpert-utility-win10-win8.1-win7-64bit.exe" but after that everything is installed correctly there're no USB 3.0 drivers.

What I did it was ran  radeon-crimson-16.7.3-sb-sata-ahci-win10-win8.1-win7-64bit.exe first and as nothing happent I ran the other one with same result.

So I wonder if I'm using the incorrect drivers or maybe there's no support in Windows 7 for this specific HW.

Can you help me with this?.

TIA.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Yes

Download Drivers

Please read > Laptop graphics update...How to

And be aware of:

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

It is best to get the chipset drivers from the laptop manufacturer...did you try these?

AMD Chipset, AHCI, USB 3.0 and RAID Drivers

• Windows 10​/7 (32-bit | 64-bit​​​)​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Okay, According to HP Support for Drivers for your Laptop, it has no mention of AMD Chipset drivers to download. Try the Chipset that Kingfish linked to.

Went to the HP Support and it shows your laptop has Windows 10 installed. There is an new update for the (APU) AMD Graphics Driver - 2/12/2018. FYI Only. HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support.....