3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2018 7:26 AM by ray_m

Overdrive preventing start-up

zyrdking

So I updated my processor and graphics card drivers and found AMD OverDrive, I've wanted to overclock for a while now but I've been hesitant to because I've never done it and I know the dangers but I thought this would be a good way to start out.

The first time I updated my drivers and installed overdrive I didn't restart my PC for a day then when I did it would get to the boot up screen then go to a light blue screen saying there was an error that was preventing start-up and windows would try to fix the problem and restart automatically with a percentage value shown and when it reached 100% it would attempt to restart; this would happen over and over again until I went back to a system restore point.

The second time I created a restore point before each driver update and restarted my PC after every update (I also used a DDU when installing graphics drivers this time but not the first time) and installed AMD OverDrive last, also creating a restore point beforehand, and encountered the same start-up error when restarting my PC until I restored to the point before installation.

I am using: Windows 10 x64 bit Home

AMD Ryzen 1700x

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB GDDR5

AMD B350M Bazooka

8GB RAM DDR4 (2 4GB sticks)

1TB SATA III 7200rpm HDD

UEFI BIOS mode

Ryzen Master version 1.2.5.0.0540

Nvidia driver version 391.01

CyberPower PC

Model: Gamer Master 2021

Part #: GM 2021

This is the screen that showed but this is a google pic so the error is incorrect

Related image

A fix or any information is appreciated, please and thank you.