warpnine

Adrenalin 18.3.1 and 18.3.2 drivers crash system when some games are started

Discussion created by warpnine on Mar 12, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 13, 2018 by slimus

After installing the 18.3.1 driver package:

- World of Warships crashes (the game client) upon launch of the game client (the one after the pre-launch client).

- Mass Effect Andromeda causes a total system reboot, as it is initializing and loading stuff into the graphics card.

- Please note: Other games like Palladins and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided continue to work successfully.

After installing the 18.3.2 drover package:

- The 2 games listed in the first couple of bullets above still fail in the same way.

- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided causes a total system reboot upon launch.  (This had been working successfully under 18.3.1).

- I haven't tried Palladins yet under this new driver package (afraid to) - it had been working normally under 18.3.1.

I cannot find how to get back to the older pre 18.3 driver packages, so I could try to reinstall them, to avoid and diagnose these observed problems.

How can I recover to a working driver configuration until these apparent Radeon driver issues are diagnosed and corrected?

System configuration:

Intel i7-5820k (6 cores/12 threads, 3.3GHZ), 32GB main memory, RX-480 (8GB), 1080x1920 resolution in all games

Outcomes