cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

supercrock
Journeyman III

I have spent the last 3 days trying to install my chipset drivers but NONE OF THE INSTALLERS update my IDE... controllers as it says it's supposed to.

I've tried manual, the auto detector, everything you could probably try from the driver downloads and none of it has changed, It still reads "Standard SATA AHCI Controller"

My specs are

CPU: AMDFX 8350

Motherboard Crosshair V formula Z

Chipset: 990FX/SB950

PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gold 750watt

GPU: Nividia GeForce GTX 970

0 Likes
2 Replies
plumboby
Miniboss

more info on the type of hard drive your suing. Best & only option I recomend to get a small ssd just for your OS as which what I have done then install chipset drivers to suit. Suspect are you using an old ide hard drive if you are I advise to upgrade to a ssd for primary OS drive then load up the drivers & use your normall hard drive as storage. Its what I had to do to get my build running in harmony with 10.

0 Likes

Run the AMD Chipset and when it unpacks and starts. Cancel the installation.

Go to Device Manager and click on "IDE  ATA/SATA Controller"

Click on "Properties" on the "Standard SATA AHCI Controller".  Click on "Properties"

Under "Driver" click on "Update Driver" and then click on "Browse My Computer for driver software"

Under "Search for drivers in this location" direct it to the unpacked AMD Chipset folder at C:\AMD CHIPSET

click "Next" and it should automatically update that driver from the AMD Chipset Folder if it is newer.

0 Likes