Fortnite Battle Royale crashes frequently (31 times since Jan 19, based on FNBR error logs). It happens with this (see title) exact error. It typically happens 10-15 minutes into a game, I can't think of a time where it's happened in the very beginning of a game. All my graphics settings in the game are turned to off/lowest possible aside from view (render?) distance which is set to high (not epic). Framerate outside of this happening is usually fine (70-120 FPS range).
- AMD Radeon HD 7850
- Driver version 18.3.1
- Win 7 64 bit, SP1
- Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.4 GHz
Here's the troubleshooting I've done thus far / additional info-
- I've done a complete graphics driver uninstall/reinstall using DDU (and ensured Windows was completely up to date before doing so).
- I've confirmed my graphics card isn't (and has never been) overclocked.
- I've monitored my card's temperature while playing - it hovers in the 65-70°C range, I've never seen it past 72°C
- I tried the regedit fix I've seen posted elsewhere (adding TDR and setting it to 8) - it just hangs for longer before crashing.
- I've ran Memtest86+ to check my RAM.
- I've tried updating DirectX but the installer from Microsoft says I have the most up to date version (I believe it's packaged with SP1)
- ReLive is not enabled.
- I tried running DISM but it said Error: 87, and "restorehealth option is not recognized in this context" - I think I read elsewhere it's not a solution on Win 7?
- I ran SFC, it reported no integrity violations.
I read elsewhere that underclocking might be an option, and I'll try that if no other solution presents itself.