cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

elpechero
Newcomer

Getting the "LoadLibrary failed with error 87: The parameter is incorrect" when installing the AMD Adrenaline

Hello, i've been having trouble with this message. I've made some researches and found that by solving that i need to write ".bak" at the end of atig6pxx.dll., but then i found that doing that is a hack at best and not a solution at all, so, i read somewhere that i have to clean the older drivers with Display driver unistaller, and then download the drivers again, so i did the "cleansing" process with the driver unistaller and then i decided to download the AMD driver autodetect adrenaline, but i when i'm trying to install it i get that damn message. I can't even work in Blender and try out the ProRadeon Render for Blender

Anyone with  a solution? haven't used Blender for 4 days at this point :S

0 Likes
2 Replies

First give the following information according to AMD Forum ; INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

Download the Full set of AMD Drivers from AMD Support for your GPU card unless you have a laptop. If a Laptop need to give the exact Make and Model of Laptop plus APU and iGPU and dGPU installed. The following instructions is for a Desktop or if you have the correct AMD Laptop drivers:

After downloading the correct full set of AMD driver. Delete the following folder if created C:\AMD in the past installation. Disconnect the computer from the internet. This prevents Windows Update from installing a different driver than the one you are trying to install.  Use Windows Uninstaller to uninstall the AMD software and driver. Then use DDU in safe mode to complete the total uninstallation of AMD driver set. Reboot.

Reinstall the manually downloaded Full set of AMD driver set and see if you still get the same error. If you do, then you need to follow the link and supply the info that is needed.

mastakilla
Adept I

I've just had this issue as well and in my case it was because I tried to start Ryzen Master from a remote desktop session... If I start Ryzen Master directly on the computer, then it does work. Also switching from direct to remote desktop, with Ryzen Master already running, works without a problem.

So to me, it does seem like a bug...

I'm using a Radeon HD 4350 on Windows 10 (freshly installed today and updated to the latest). It has the default drivers included with Windows 10 (AMD doesn't have Windows 10 drivers for this GPU).

0 Likes