Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

preclame
Journeyman III

Ryzen 3 2200g & gaming

Hi,

I just bought me a Ryzen 3 2200G (and more, see below)

Everywhere i read about gaming with this processor and see (youtube) people gaming with this processor.

So far I did not manage to game with it!?

My system (with current settings?) is way to slow for every game i start.

(The games are shared to me by my son via steam )

The games I tried are, COD Black ops, COD Advanced Warfare, The Elder Scrolls Skyrim, Life is Feudal: forrest village, Wolfenstein: The Old blood, Rust.

I also overclocked the CPU (to 3900mhz) and the GPU (to 1550mhz) following several youtube video's.

Still it is impossible to game!

What am i doing wrong?

My system:

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G

Gigabyte GA-AB350M-HD3.

Vengeance® LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz

Monitor Benq GW2765 (QHD)

0 Likes
7 Replies

Define "way too slow" as that APU is not intended for heavy gaming.

0 Likes

"way too slow" -> stuttering & lagging only

0 Likes

Perhaps I should have been more specific...What resolutions, detail levels, and frame rates are you getting?

0 Likes

Thanks. unfortunately i am not that experienced (yet), to track down these figures.

What i do know is that all resolutions from low to high give the same (bad) result

0 Likes

The resolution dude - 1920x1080 (1080p) ? 1280x720 (720p) ? Of course your not going to get 1050ti performance with the vega 8 core, just dont expect that but its well possible to achieve 30+ FPS on 1080p low-med settings. The lower the resolution is the more FPS the vega graphics can fire out.

If you dont get these though oc on cpu and gpu and low ingame settings then either something is wrong with your drivers or with the bios settings - to verify what in fact your gpu can do you should let it run some benchmarks and post results so that we can see if results are within the corresponding range.

Edit: I think i got your problem - its your monitor because it runs 2560x1440 (1440p) resolution by default - thats way too heavy for the integrated vega graphics - 1080p at low/med settings is max you can do with the 2200g graphics. To fire your 1440p monitor your better off installing a discrete graphics card for gaming, or likewise replace it with a 1080p monitor to play with 2200g graphics.

0 Likes

It works!

Another 6 hours investigating i discovered that windows didn't see the GPU

I discovered that in CPUID GPU-Z. It didn't mention the Radeon GPU but the Microsoft Basic Diaply adaptor.

I installed the drivers for windows 10 for the ryzen 3 2200G  (from the AMD website) and that was it!!!!

0 Likes
moorvud19
Adept II

You have installed and played games, overclocked your PC and written an article here BEFORE installing drivers? wtf