crashdog

AMD RX 580 Eyefinity problem

Discussion created by crashdog on Mar 4, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 6, 2018 by crashdog

Hello,

I'm running Prepar3D V4.2 on an Asus H97-Pro Gamer with an Intel i5-4440 CPU and 16 GB ram.
The graphic cards are one R9 280 GDDR5 3072mb and one RX 580.
On the R9 I have 3 10" screens for instruments (individual screens) which works fine.

On the RX 580 I have 2 Video projectors (native resolution 1280x800) and one screen 2560x1440.

-> I disconnected one of the projectors in windows 10 pro's display settings.

->Then start AMD readeon settings. (Checked the driver it's 18.2.3).

-> Open the Eyefinity tab. It tells me to use the advanced Eyefinity settings which opens.

-> I choose the running projector's screen to create an eyefinity and choose "not currently used screens" to add to the eyefinity and 1x2.

-> Now it created the eyefinity with the to beamers. But the vertical screen resolution is 1440 pixels which is too much for the projectors (1280x800).

-> I tried listing all resolutions in Windows screen settings but could not find a matching one.

-> When I start Prepar3D anyway and change to full screen, the second (added) screen becomes disabled and Prepar only uses one screen.

-> When I reboot the system, the eyefinity setting get's lost.

So my questions: How can I get the correct resolution for my setup ? How can I keep the Eyefinity mode when my Application switches to full screen ? How can I keep the Eyefinity setting persistent (after a reboot) ?

Kind Regards,

Crashdog

Outcomes