cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

potatobag1214
Newcomer

How Do I Update a Graphics Card?

As seen here: How-To Install AMD Radeon Software on a Windows Based System  it looks so easy and fast but it says that i shoud delete my old drivers like this How-To Uninstall AMD Radeon Software from a Windows Based System ​​i read a lot of DDU and stuff and im new to these driver things because i was playing some games and saw bad performance and after a research it looks like my drivers are old. Just wanted to know if these 2 links are all what i need or do i need to do something else? I dont wanna mess up something. These 2 methods look easy just go to control panel uninstall amd software install new one and over. If anyone with good knowledge can help me about these things id be happy. Thanks.

0 Likes
8 Replies
plumboby
Miniboss

what version of driver are you using. The new Andrenaline can do it from the Radeon control panel without bother using DDU works fine. Can walk you through the DDU route I use both ways & both work just as well. On the Radeon control panel bottem left corner check for updates & a panel of upto date driver will pop up install the driver which has best feedback is simplest way & should work if your not familiar to do AMD drivers.

0 Likes

My current radeon settings version is Crimson 17.7 and i dont see the update option anywhere.

0 Likes

0 Likes

Hi this metod says "If you run into issues after trying to update your AMD drivers normally, try a 'clean install'." What exactly means "after trying to update amd drivers normally"? if that method is the first one i linked what are the differences? Im using amd athlon x4 845 CPU and RX 550 GPU. Just want to update my GPU.

0 Likes

The normal way is to just install the new graphics drivers over the old ones. It does not include deleting the previous drivers. Almost guaranteed to cause issues. The purpose of the post is to explain how to do a clean install of graphics drivers. The difference between the two articles is one uses the AMD driver removal, the other uses the much better DDU method. Nothing hard to do here, you don't have to be a expert..just follow the steps.

All of this is assuming this is not a laptop with a APU processor.

If you have further questions, please supply the required information > INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

i'l do a relive of how to update radeon drivers threw the Radeon panel later on tonite & upload the link to help & do a couple others i dont have i mic tho i use note pad tho i will explain in detail even do steps using DDU as well.

0 Likes

I would be happy if you explain it well in the video. And please give me the link after you do the video. Thanks.

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

I will throw up a few walkthroughs of diffrent approachs which all work to help giving the clean install option, with the AMD cleaning utility for the people who arnt computer literate. Easier to show in a video if it helps. Many ways to update drivers i will throw up some tips & tricks later on to help. Updating threw the Radeon control panel works by installing clean drivers to. I will put up a couple options to help. Many ways to do this i will throw the laymans easy videos for novices to follow. I will throw some expert adept guides to. I think its guide time to help the lesser computer literate to help when i get some i will load them up. Will be done through note pad tho i will have in depth detail to make it simple. I have taught even experts pros this approach & it works fine. Every1 has a diffrent approach opinion i like to make it simple the more simple the less chances of running into issues. I am no pro with coding & things like that but prety clued up & know how to approach most issues with my own stuff & working on many builds over the year when i get time.

0 Likes