cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

axtryx
Journeyman III

Error 1114 DLL when attempting to download Radeon Adrenalin 18.2.1 on W10, how can I fix this?

Running an RX 580 8GB on W10, cannot get Radeon drivers to update properly, a box always pops up saying,"LoadLibrary failed with error 1114: a dynamic link library initialization routine failed." Have tried editing power options and updating Java, nothing has worked thus far. I also cannot completely uninstall Radeon drivers to start fresh because of the same error. Last option I can think of is to fresh install windows but I'd rather not have to do that.

0 Likes
1 Reply

Download DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and use it in safe mode to uninstall the incomplete installation of your current AMD driver set. Set DDU for AMD.

When you run DDU it will ask you if you want to run it in Safe mode. Click yes, and the computer should restart automatically in safe mode and DDU will start to remove all AMD Graphic display driver and software.

Then retry to reinstall the FULL set of AMD Drivers from AMD Support that you downloaded. Make sure your Windows is fully updated and the internet is disabled before rebooting to the Desktop (This prevents Windows from installing a different Driver before you install the current driver). Also delete C:\AMD Folder before installing the new Driver set.

0 Likes