15 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2018 6:27 AM by elstaci

RYZEN MASTER IMPOSSIBLE TO RESTORE STOCK PARAMETERS

deusex263

hello

i tried to overclock my ryzen 5 1600 on a gigabyte GA AB350 GAMING 3 ( last bios )   with ryzen master

i kept the original voltage and set to 3,6 ghz but when restarted it was locked a 3,4 ghz ans impossible to reset the stock parameters ( 3,2 ghz )

it 's impossible to reset my proc to default !!!

when i set it to default in bios and start windows i have always ryzen master parameters ( 3,4 ghz ) !!!!

in ryzen master it's impossible now to set other parameters and when i use the reset options it ask to restart windows

windows restart but nothing happens...ryzen master don't go back to stock settings ( always 3,4 ghz )

i tried a clear CMOS : it doesn't work

i tried to reflash my bios : it doesn't work !

i tried to reinstall windows on an other HD : it doesn't work !

i"m very surprised...RYZEN MASTER IS A BUGGY SOFT

what can i do ? buy another mobo or another PROCESSOR

how can it be possible ?

i advice not to use ryzen master, only overclock by bios !!!

• Re: RYZEN MASTER IMPOSSIBLE TO RESTORE STOCK PARAMETERS
          elstaci

here is a PDF of Ryzen Master Utility : https://download.amd.com/documents/AMD-Ryzen-Processor-and-AMD-Ryzen-Master-Overclocking-Users-Guide.pdf .

When you Overclock the CPU, did you use one of the "Profiles" in Ryzen Master Utility or did you just increase the speed without using any "Profiles"?

Maybe if you apply one of the "Profiles" from Ryzen Master Utility and then afterwards, if it overclocked successfully, then use "RESET" to see if it restores the CPU back to default. My thinking, and it may be totally wrong, is that if you didn't use a "Profile" you may have Overclocked  it incorrectly. By using one of Master Ryzen's Overclocking  "Profiles" it will set all parameters on the CPU correctly to run in a Overclocked state. Then when you click on "Reset" it will reset the CPU back to default correctly. 

deusex263

i didn't use a profile, i just increased the speed

but it's impossible now to go back to stock settings

when i modify a profile, the profile is modified but it's not applied

i don't know how to apply the profile settings to actual settings because actual settings seem impossible to be modified...it's read only

and the reset doesn't work. it asks to restart windows...windows restart and the old settings are still active

ryzen master is supposed to restart automatically after windows but nothing happens !

i think there is a big bug with ryzen master because several people have the same problem and it's not resolved yet !

maybe i need to buy a new mobo...

i can't understand how it's possible because i reinstalled windows 10 several times and reset the bios then flash the bios...

and the parameters are still there !!!

i even reinstall windows 10 on a new hard drive and the problem is not resolved !

i suppose ryzen master parameters are somewhere in the CPU or elsewhere because a windows reinstallation and a clear CMOS should have solved the problem else...

i should have purchased a core i5 or i7...i regret to have purchased a ryzen

plumboby

Its not the bios or Ryzen master. What 3rd party software is installed for OC wise on your build i am thinking could be 3rd party OC tool conflicting with AMD software any 3rd party software tools from Gigabyte Even Afterburner with 10 with newest drivers does it dont blame ryzen master. No specs of build & what your running is listed more details will help & 3rd party tools your using if using any. As 9/10 issues caused are from 3rd party software conflicting with AMD drivers & software.

plumboby

wouldn't touch the new gen intels with a 10 foot barge pole u want specter & meltdown issues go intel. Its something that's you have done by accident i suspect its not the software are your running any 3rd party software as i asked earlier as if you are will be 1 of the main issues conflicting the issues as stated. As its not the processor or bios its something been done by accident its why i dont bother OC anything for a few weeks till its running stable. I am thinking its a possible 3rd party software your using causing this issue did you use the correct bios flash to suit your motherboard. Try Reflash to the 1st or 2nd bios release for your motherboard to see if its the bios or Motherboard issue. BTW have you installed any of the Gigsbyte crapware that's come with the motherboard as if you have i suspect its the issue. If using Windows 10 a lesson learnt using a 3rd party brand like gigabyte, asus or msi dont use any of there software with AMD builds will throw conflicts all the time over riding stock AMD settings after the 1709 update. Known issue with the creators update.

deusex263

i did not install any third party software

just a new install of windows 10 home 64 bits

nothing else ! no other soft

i reset the mobo CMOS

i flashed the bios ( tried all versions available )

and RYZEN MASTER parameters cannot be modified

i understand i must use ryzen master reset option but it asks to restart windows and ryzen master is supposed to re-launch automatically to apply the stock options

and nothing happens : one hour after the windows restart, ryzen master has not launched yet...

my system works but i want to go back to CPU stock options and since i've used this damn soft it' s impossible !

i'm sure there is a big bug in ryzen master wich is not corrected yet !

deusex263

i'm now trying to obtain a new mobo

i learned the lesson : only overclock by bios !

plumboby

You shouldmt need another mobo to fix your current build. How well do you know you way round OC & things like that as to me its not your mobo somethings been missed or taken the wrong step causing this issue.New Itels are worse than Ryzen had a few m8s ditching them going Ryzen 1 has encountered this tho was told. He took a diffrent approach from another perspective to find was a setting over looked.