I have problem with my laptop (Toshiba Satellite S70-B), I bought 2 years ago and it was working fine until 3 days ago were my Radeon R9 M265X disappeared completely while downloading a game in steam over the night before the problem happened.
I can’t see it in the Device Manager, the only thing is under Display Adapters is Intel HD Graphics 4600:
And If I tried to install the driver for AMD card it gave me this:
(Error 173 – AMD Installer Cannot Continue Since AMD Graphics Hardware Was Not Found)
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Intel Core i7 4720HQ @ 2.60GHz
Haswell 22nm Technology
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
FF10 06C6 (U3E1)
Generic PnP Monitor (1600x900@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Toshiba)
Radeon R9 M265X
931GB TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100 (SATA)
Things I tried to do to fix the problem so far:
- Install the official driver from Toshiba website using DDU. (No hardware detected)
- Install driver from AMD website using DDU. (No hardware detected)
- System Restore to the time before the problem. (Only Intel HD 4600 under Display Adapters)
- Clean Install Windows 10 & Windows 7. (Only Intel HD 4600 under Display Adapters)
- Reset BIOS, Flash BIOS and Downgrade BIOS.
- Unified Leshcat Driver for AMD & Intel drivers.
- Removing the CMOS Battery and put back.
- Unplug RAM & Hard Drive and plug it back.
So basically, I did everything I could find in the internet and still there is only Intel HD 4600 under Display Adapters, I am not sure if the AMD is dead, but I think if it's dead at least I will find some notification on the Device Manager to tell that there is something wrong with the device.
If there is anything I didn't clear it about the problem please ask me to do so.
I will appreciate any help guys.