cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

What you DON'T want to see on a brand new, $400 4K monitor

A defective panel! That's supposed to be a solid white screen...

0 Likes
6 Replies

Replacement FINALLY arrived, last time I ever buy anything from Newegg, so a monitor I bought on 2/17 can now finally be enjoyed on 3/8...But God it looks good!

0 Likes

I am so glad I have a Microcenter local. I used to buy tons from Newegg, but especially since the China takeover, they kinda suck, IMHO. You just can't beat the convenience of brick & mortar stores when you have issues or want to eyeball something in person. The best thing about MicroCenter is the are usually cheaper too!

Glad you got a good monitor, too bad it took so long. For the past year I have bought more of the parts that I have bought online from Amazon, just because Newegg became so hard to deal with.

0 Likes

Ever since Amazon started illegally collecting sales taxes from all states it's made them more expensive, so when you're weighing a $400 purchase between two stores, both with free two day shipping, $28 is worth a gamble sometimes.

0 Likes

I just think for me it is funny how I have come so full circle with computer parts purchases. I have been buying on-line for a decade now and this MicroCenter has absolutely won me back over to shopping in their store! Really I mostly pick out the parts on-line then they have it ready in 18 minutes every time. Hey I know it probably sounds like I have stock in them. I just so seldom get good service anywhere anymore that it's just so unexpected. I would point out to that if you google for coupons you can almost always print out a $5 coupon that helps cover the tax deficit. On the Amazon note something I always watch for now is down on the right they have the other places you can buy from often they are cheaper or the same price, and they don't charge tax on those if they are not in your state. So watch for that. Plus you still have the protection of Amazon since you went through their marketplace.

0 Likes

I do that when I can, B&H Photo usually matches Amazon's prices.

0 Likes

Yep, once on UHD (4K) monitor you realise what rubbish HD (1080) displays are

0 Likes