AnsweredAssumed Answered

FX8370 not working with Msi 970 gaming board.

Question asked by rzbushie on Feb 22, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 3, 2018 by noodles59
    • MSI Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB OC
    • Desktop
    • Windows 10 64bit
    • ACER R240HY 23.8inch 1920x1080 @60Hz HDMI - HDMI
    • MSI 970 Gaming Bios (MS-7693) V22.4
    • FX 8370
    • Cougar 850W Bronze edition PSU
    • 8GB RAM Patriot Viper 3 Black Mamba
    • HDD 2TB Seagate Baraccuda green Hybrid
    • H100 Corsair cpu watercooling

Good day forum

Please correct me if Im doing this wrong or if a similar thread all ready exists this is my first time doing this so bare with me.

My problem is I recently got a FX8370 hoping to negate any current bottlenecks I'm experiencing with my ancient but faithful Phenom 2 x 6.

Opened the box removed my phenom and put in the FX8370 assuming that because everything has always been pnp this would work but it didnt Im currently getting a black screen no signal keyboard dead mouse dead fans are spinning I can see the pc is on but no post beeps needless to say I cannot enter bios.

I put my old cpu back in no problem working fine after that updated bios to latest for that board still no joy with the FX cpu same result. I then opted resetting bios which I completely forgot about and was sure this was going to work still no joy. This is a brand new cpu came boxed and sealed shipped with amazon and well secured in secondary packaging and no damage to pins or packaging.

Any help would be much appreciated and yes I have looked at MSI forums but not really getting an answer.

Kind regards

Outcomes