Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

idan_simon
Journeyman III

GPU Scaling in 4K (3840 x 2160) issue

Hi.

I'm currently have Radeon RX 460 Graphic adapter (SW version 18.2.2) on Windows 10 home 64-bit OS and I'm using 4K 65 inch (3840 x 2160) screen.

My issue is that as long as the GPU scaling is enable in the AMD Radeon settings the Display settings in windows 10 resolution changes to 1920 X 1080 automatically

and can't be switch back to 3840 x 2160, even in the graphic adapter properties -> list all mods.

once I disable the GPU Scaling in the AMD Radeon settings, I can change it back to 3840 x 2160 resolution in windows 10 display settings settings but here is the problem:

Once I do have 3840 x 2160 resolution I do need to use the GPU scaling in order to adujest the screen, and I'm left with a disabled GPU while the only alternative

I am left with is to change custom scaling in windows 10 display seetings but due to the risks and the fact that there is no restore mode to it, I feel less adventures to do so.

All I need is to keep the 3840 x 2160 resolution and somehow to scal manually the screen in order to adjust it, can you please advise on how to do it?

thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies

HDMI scaling is not the same as GPU scaling. HDMI scaling allows you to adjust for underscan and overscan, while GPU scaling merely allows you to set aspect ratio scaling or centered timings if your display does not support those options natively.

Thanks! any Idea how to preform HDMI scaling in my current situation?

0 Likes