We are pleased to announce the GA release of AMD µProf (v1.1) for our public developer community, supporting AMD CPU, APU, and discrete GPU families, is now officially available for download on https://developer.amd.com/amd-uprof/.
AMD µProf is a performance and power profiling tool suite that enables the developers to optimize their applications running on AMD APUs and CPUs. It is available as a graphical user interface and command-line interface tools for Windows and Linux. It includes:
- Performance profiling - to identify and analyze time critical hotspots and diagnose performance issues.
- Power profiling - Provides system level power, frequency, and thermal characteristics in real-time.
- Offers tool with new graphical user interface or traditional command line interface
- Timer based profiling on x64 systems, event-based profiling and instruction based sampling on AMD CPUs and APUs
- Call-stack sampling for native applications
- Real-time reporting of power, frequency, and thermal characteristics
- Energy consumption analysis of applications
- Attribution of performance and power profile data at different granularities: process, thread, module, function, source line and instruction
- Languages supported - C, C++, Assembly, FORTRAN, Java, .NET/CLR (Windows only)
What's New in Release v1.1
- New GUI for performance and power profiling analysis
- User-friendly data visualization interface to collect and analyze the performance and power profile data
- Energy consumption analysis of process, thread, module, function and source level
- Support for profiling of L3 cache utilization data on AMD Family 17h processors. (Windows CLI only)
- Unified CLI for performance and power profiling
- New product support for AMD EPYC™ Processor; AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processor; AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor; AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor with Radeon™ Vega Graphics