cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

vardahoth
Adept I

SAPPHIRE NITRO Radeon R9 390X with driver 17.12.1 - causes games to minimize

So I've been using the 15.x (can't remember exact version exactly) forever. I finally got tired of the reminder to update the driver (even though I turned this option off, it was still appearing). So I went to the AMD website and updated to the latest driver (17.12.1)... Ever since then games have been minimizing by themselves. It gets really annoying to have to keep opening them up by re selecting them, and is a constant interruption in gameplay.

How I updated the driver...

I downloaded and ran "amdcleanuputility.exe"

I downloaded and ran "win7-64bit-17.12.1-dec11.exe"

I only selected the driver (left 5 other options unselected).

Ever since that day, games keep minimizing randomly (roughly between 2-3hrs in gameplay, and sometimes multiple times). Games this is happening on is League of Legends and Total Annihilation (a windows 95 era game). These are low graphic using games and were playing fine under driver 15.x

Below is a link to the card I bought

SAPPHIRE NITRO Radeon R9 390X DirectX 12 100381NTOCL 8GB 512-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 OC Version w/...

Has anyone else been experiencing this?

Any idea why driver 15.x was working perfectly without any issues (except for me not being able to turn off the update reminder everytime I restarted my pc or other random times)? But now all these problems with the latest driver?

Anyone know the latest stable driver for this card?

System Specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3960X CPU @ 3.30GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.3GHz

Motherboard: MSI MS-7760

RAM: 32682MB

Internal Drives: 1TB SSD, 100GB SSD, 100GB SSD

External Drive: 3TB HD

Thanks...

3 Replies
vardahoth
Adept I

Tried using driver 18.2.1, and still experiencing crashes:

S8VW7N6.png

Anyone know a stable driver for the r9 390x card?

0 Likes
vardahoth
Adept I

I'm not even doing anything on my pc but coding and display driver crashes...

All I want is a stable reliable driver for this gpu that doesn't crash. Can I please get an answer to this?

0 Likes
stilo2
Adept II

Hi friend, did you find a solution for your problem? I'm getting the same problem. During gameplay a game suddenly minimizes. It happens randomly during longer or shorter gameplay. Also there is no any other issue, just annoying minimization. I get the game up by Alt+Tab or by clicking on the game icon on taskbar.

I have Ryzen 5 2600X + AORUS RX580 8GB on X470 board with GPU driver 19.2.2.

Looking for any kind of help...

0 Likes