cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sikora
Adept I

Why is quality of mp4 so bad?

I have problem with my recording with Relive. When I record in game picture is too dark and black.

Here is example:

Picture from recorded video:

Screenshot_1.png

Normal screenshot in game:

2018.02.14-02.27_01.png

How to fix that?

Graphics card: Asus Strix R7 370 4gb

Desktop PC

Driver: Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.2.1

Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster B2230 1920x1080 @60Hz VGA to DVI

Motherboard: ASRock 970 Pro3

CPU: AMD FX-8300

Power Supply Unit: CoolerMaster B500 ver.2 500W

RAM: 8GB

0 Likes
9 Replies

As per AMD Forum you need to supply the following information on your computer setup: IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

0 Likes

Here is AMD Support instructions on how to configure and use AMD Relive : How to Capture Your Gameplay Using Radeon™ ReLive

This from a Reddit user about a game being too dark also. Just one or two replies but might give you a reason why it is dark: https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/6tejpn/recorded_this_with_amd_relive_does_it_look_super/

I tried watching in 3 different players and it's same. On youtube same too. Before Adrenalin when video was saved in .wmv (or was some other format?) everything was great, after that update video is saved in .mp4 and every recorded video is too dark.

Sounds like maybe a simple setting adjustment needs to be done on AMD's end in the .mp4 encoder. Probably an easy fix if they know and realize it is an issue. Did you submit a bug report? These forums are for help from community members, no guarantee anyone from AMD that fixes drivers ever sees what you said. You can, and I would, submit a report here: AMD Issue Reporting Form

pokester​ Thanks, I reported it.

I am not familiar with Relive Recording, Maybe you can try to convert the MP4 file into a WMV file using a program like Any Video Converter free edition. With Any Video Converter Free you can also re-convert the MP4 into a customized MP4 file that may work better.

0 Likes

0 Likes

For now nothing changed, I will try changing some settings later.

0 Likes

I use MSI Afterburner then I encode using FFMPEG which can then generate H.264 or H,.265 other format with much better image quality.

AMD and NVIDIA both have problems galore which is why I prefer this approach for Video.

0 Likes