AnsweredAssumed Answered

Updated my RX 480, now black border when restarting

Question asked by unmog on Feb 8, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 6, 2018 by theslainwolf

So I'm not sure what's going on, but now after updating my graphics card it seems to forget the HDMI scaling I set when I start my computer. Basically this causes me to have to go into the AMD settings and redo it everytime, or to manually change my display settings somehow for it to set it right again. After googling it I found some information about going into the reg edit to change the DALR6 DFPI entry. I didn't exactly have the same one but it mentioned it might be called something different, so after doing that and restarting it didn't help anything so now Im here.

My current driver is 18.2.1, is anyone else having this issue? Anyone know how to get my scaling settings to stick at all so I dont have to do it manually everytime I startup? Any help would be appreciated.

Might or might not be important but it doesnt hurt to add, I recently just got back my card after sending it in to get repaired. I havent yet added the new card to my account since Im not sure exactly if I can do it with a card I just got back from AMD since I dont have a new proof of purchase or receipt or anything, they just sent me a new card I think.

Outcomes